Saturday, October 5, 2013

Something New


Hello world! 

If you came here in search of a tribute to the Girls Aloud hit, this is not the place I'm afraid. However, if you're into the ramblings of a girl who impulsively changed her hair to try 'something new' before she turns twenty (argh!) stick around.

So yes, I have been to the hairdressers and have changed my look... a bit. I've always played it safe with my hair, as I've been wary of damaging my precious locks which have painfully taken me years to grow, but with a little nudge from my sister and a bit of adrenaline, I took the plunge.

I discussed the colour I wanted with my hair stylist and we decided upon going for something similar to Rachel Bilson's lovely caramel blonde ends, which complement her roots (which are a similar colour to mine) beautifully. Although I love bright blonde ombre styles, such as Zoella's, as a first step I think a darker colour was more fitting, especially for autumn.

Here is a before and after picture, although admittedly it does not showcase my hair properly. And yes, I am fully aware that my skin is slightly of the orange variety in the first picture... the picture was taken in the summer and I think the sun may have gone to my head. Nevertheless - here is my new look, and I'm pretty chuffed with it.



I would like to say that this change has made me feel empowered and sassy because I had the guts to do it, but so far I think I just look like a baffoon oogling at myself in reflective surfaces in astonishment that I actually had the balls to go kind of blonde!

Anyways, I can't be the only impulsive so-and-so changing their look... what's new with everyone?! Also, fellow ombre-ers, what hair products do you reccomend for keeping your ends silky smooth? 


Lu 

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so stunning!
    Love that makeup!
    Sarah x
    thepalettee.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing makeup look! great job. just came across your blog & happy I did! :)

    x leah symonne x

    itsleli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh it looks incredible, I wish I dared to change my hair colour :(

    Em xx
    emtalks.co.uk
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3934124/emtalks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah it looks really really great on you! And it's so great for autumn. My new thing is I finally had the guts to get my ears pierced haha
    xoxo
    2 Girls and a Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried to ombre once and it looked awful on me :') It looks great on you though! :D I love changing my hair :)

    Check our my recent Special Effects Make-Up
    http://www.amysatticbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so so lovely, really suits you and is great for the upcoming autumn/winter :)
    I love your blog and it would be great if you could maybe write a guest post for me, I would love to have one of your posts on my blog!
    If you want to contact me, my email is on my blog!

    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh your hair and lipstick looks fab! Follow for a follow? Let me know! x

    lameyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete